About the NFFPC: Agencies In Compact
The compact is comprised of 7 U.S. States, 4 Canadian Provinces, the New England National Forests, the National Park Service, and the US Fish & Wildlife Service. The 15 member agencies of the NFFPC are as follows:
- State of Maine, represented by the Maine Forest Service, Forest Protection;
- State of New Hampshire, represented by the New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands;
- State of Vermont, represented by the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation, Forest Protection;
- State of New York, represented by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Forest Protection and Fire Management;
- State of Massachusetts, represented by the Department of Conservation and Recreation, Division of State Parks and Recreation;
- State of Connecticut, represented by the Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Forestry;
- State of Rhode Island, represented by the Department of Environmental Management, Division of Forest Environment;
- New England National Forests, managed by the USDA Forest Service, White Mountain, Green Mountain/Finger Lakes National Forests;
- Province of Québec, represented by the Société de Protection des Forêts Contre le Feu (SOPFEU);
- Province of New Brunswick, represented by the Department of Natural Resources, Forest Fire Management Section;
- Province of Newfoundland Labrador, represented by the Department of Natural Resources, Fire Management, and Coordination; and
- Province of Nova Scotia, Department of Natural Resources, Forest Protection Division.
- The federal agencies, the National Park Service and the US Fish & Wildlife Service, also have representation.